Thursday, July 15, 2010

HOLE - Courtney Love still rock'n


I just saw Hole live last night at the Vic theater in Chicago. I was a little skeptical once I arrived, the crowd was a strange mix, not so cool. The first band Foxy Shazam was trying to be over the top kinda 70's circus glam, but it was sort of ridiculous, which was really making me wish I had not bought these tickets. I mean if Courtney Love chose that band, then what is she thinking? The wait seemed to be forever, I almost wanted to leave.
Finally, the show is starting, she walks out,
perfectly peroxide hair, cut in a long severe bob style, bangs in eyes, her face perfectly chiseled, only the best plastic surgery could buy. Her first words are "sorry I am late, I was shopping on Michigan Avenue". LOVE IT!
She starts with "Pretty on the inside" very old classic Hole...then continues with all of her classic songs, a few new ones, she is a classic american rock star, like keith richards in her own right, smoking like a million cigarettes through out the entire show.
By the way did I mention how skinny she is? Well, like so skinny her skin tight dress was baggy, SUPER SKINNY!You could see her belly button popping out from her stomach, kinda gross.
I was pleasantly pleased by the show, and she ended with Nothern Lights, acoustic....5 stars Courtney!

No comments: