Friday, August 6, 2010

GIRL POWER: Miami Makeup Artist: Lymari Veloz

GIRL POWER: by Pamela Wasabi http://wasabifashionkult.com/

Meet the girl that will seduce you with a smile and win your trust instantly. Meet the woman whose professionalism will have your eyebrow reach the sky and your mouth drag onto the floor simultaneously. It just takes one second to watch her on her stage and realize her heavenly aptitudes, the way she dances with her brushes on your face, the way she plays and mixes color, the way she levitates around you doing what she knows best. Meet the artist whose hands will make you her slave forever. Meet Lymari Veloz, a make-up artist and hair stylist whose creativity and talent is unstoppable, immeasurable and priceless.

A sweet rock fairy with edge and charisma, she is capable of managing a pole-to-pole clientele. She can deal with a conservative mind or with an extroverted rebel. She gets her job done like no other. She always has and always will.



How did you first discover that you wanted to be a hair and make-up artist? How long ago have you been in this industry?I’ve been in this industry my whole life. I was born and grew up in a beauty salon. I like to bring to life everything that I sketch and paint. I’m in love with that process.

Your mother is a hair stylist and owns her own shop. How big is her impact on your life?My mother is my everything. She always pushed me to be as artistically free as possible. She let me created whatever vision I had and taught me that nothing is impossible.
Are you the woman that you dreamt about when you were a little girl?
I believe I’m getting there.

What artists have influenced your artist path?

Salvador Dali, Andy Warhol are some of my favorite. As I grew in the 80’s music also took a big roll as part of my inspiration, artists like Souxie and the Banshees, Blondie, Madonna. But what has impacted me the most is seeing men wear glam rock make-up like David Bowie. That proved to me the endless possibilities of the art of make-up and hair. It’s timeless and genderless.

What difficulties have you encountered as a contemporary artist when it comes to apply your artsy skills?Sometimes I feel I have to hold back on my creativity, not many people are open-minded or appreciate what’s different.

Who would you die for to stylize their hair or do their make-up?
Lady-Gaga

Aside from this fashion and beauty industry you are in, what else interests you?
Art is my life! But I also love to travel, to see places I’ve never thought of before. I also like to fish, ride motorcycles and to paint.
It seems that passion is one powerful motor that keeps you going everyday. What else is essential to be a successful artist like yourself?
To be successful is to love what you do. If you don’t, then you haven’t found what’s going to make you successful.

If we have to erase the words “make-up artist” and “hair styling” from the dictionary, how would you describe what you do?
A visionary. I create, it stars from my heart the to my brain then to paper and then I bring it to life.


:::Girl Power Quiz
-Miami tastes like what?
Pina Coladas and Sun Tan Lotion
-Romanticism is necessary for
Excitement. To keep the blood flowing
-I am proud of my
My mother. She let’s me be who I am
-I can’t live without …
Color. Black and White can get boring.
-What is Wasabi?
Hot, spicy, the yummiest, like my interviewer right now.
-The best kiss is…
To die for. I don’t care if I run of breath while kissing.
-Top 5 music wise:
Florence and the Machines, Rosin Murphy, Sally Shapiro, Billie Holiday, Goldfrapp.
-A hidden quality:
Cooking. It’s a secret
-Favorite cartoon . . .
Bart Simpson. I want a son like him and I will still love him.
-What do you wear to feel sexy?
Boots. There’s something about the boots
-Freedom in your own words:
Life, how I live my life!
by Pamela Wasabi http://wasabifashionkult.com/